On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
Stephan Wiesand wrote:
There seems to be an ABI incompatibility somewhere: Our build of the AFS Perl module on this platform seems unable to use my token ("vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.").

The module was built against OpenAFS-1.2.13 in May 2006, but up to and including 1.4.6 it was still working fine with 1.4.x clients. Maybe that was by chance only?

What API is the Perl module calling to obtain tokens?

The correct question. What API is the Perl Module calling when that error is produced?

Is this an answer?

% strace  perl -e 'use AFS::VLDB; AFS::VLDB->new'
afs_syscall(0x14, 0, 0x400c5608, 0xbfffcf20, 0) = -1 ENOSYS (Function not
implemented)
write(2, "vsu_ClientInit: Could not get af"..., 67vsu_ClientInit: Could not get
afs tokens, running unauthenticated.) = 67

--
Stephan Wiesand
  DESY - DV -