Hans:

As described in the release notes, the AFS Client Tool (afscreds) is no
longer being worked on.  Its bugs are what they are.  Please use Network
Identity Manager from Kerberos for Windows and the OpenAFS Credential
Provider that ships as part of OpenAFS for Windows to obtain AFS tokens.

Jeffrey Altman