On Sep 22, 2008, at 9:11 AM, Daniel Debertin wrote:

[[ Replying to my own original post for clarification... ]]

Daniel Debertin writes:
I am able to use 'klog' as long as the user I'm authenticating as is
identical to the UNIX user I'm logged in as. If they're different I
get a long delay and then "Unable to authenticate to AFS because a
pioctl failed.":

afs0# klog debertin.admin

I've narrowed this down a bit. The problem is that the pioctl fails if
I am root ("afs0# klog debertin.admin"). With any non-root user it works
fine.

Platform is Solaris 10, OpenAFS 1.4.7. rxdebug output on port 7001 is
as follows:

AFS version:  OpenAFS 1.4.7 built  2008-05-01

Any difference if you klog vs klog -setpag?

Have you patched your Solaris recently? If so, try rebuilding OpenAFS from source -- perhaps there's been another case of structure fiddling in kernel land.

-rob