With OpenAFS-1.4.8 on Mac OS 10.5.6 how can I set the max mtu to
be less then 1292?

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
Douglas E. Engert wrote:
We are having some issues using Dreamweaver (Adobe web design tool)
with its data stored in AFS when used from off site via Cisco VPN.
We are seeing this in a Mac client but have seen similar issues on Windows
too.

The machines work fine when connected locally, so I am speculating that
there
is some time out issue with Dreamweaver if the network is slow, or AFS
is slow
in retrieving data over a slower then normal network.

Has anyone seen any issues with Dreamweaver and AFS?

As soon as you say Cisco VPN I have to ask "which version" and "what
is the max mtu size that you can send across the VPN"?

Cisco VPN software prior to version 5.0 requires that the max mtu
of the AFS client be set at a value smaller than 1292.  Otherwise
the packets are fragmented and dropped.

Jeffrey Altman

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>