Lars Schimmer wrote:

> Thank you, that helped.
> Our point is: we got some clients in a 10.x subnet which is not routed
> across VPN ad therefore those clients cannot reach that fileserver.
> An as you tell, based on transmitted rx - with no traffic, no stats, no
> change for us.

Lars:

If you can explain what your goal is perhaps we can be more helpful.
When the clients in the 10.x subnet ask the vlserver for the location
of a volume, they will be told about all of the file servers that
contain the desired volume.  The clients will then attempt to probe
the file servers to determine if the file servers are up or down.
If a file server is unreachable, it will be marked down.

Is your goal to permit the 10.x subnet to be routed across the VPN?

Are you trying to determine if the 10.x clients will start to read
data from the file server across the VPN if you did?

Jeffrey Altman