Andrew Deason wrote, On 3/17/2010 2:02 PM:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:42:10 -0400
"John W. Sopko Jr."<so...@cs.unc.edu>  wrote:

Is there anything in FileLog around this time, possibly about
failing to break callbacks on a certain host?

No clues, one of the first places I looked.

If this fileserver is not under any load, turning up the debug level can
tell you if it's the fileserver that's being slow and (probably) why.
Sending the fileserver process a TSTP signal 4 times will get you a ton
of debug information in FileLog. Looking around for SAFS_RemoveDir or
SAFS_MakeDir should tell you what's going on. Send it a HUP to stop
spewing debug info.

I will try the debugging. I did a bos salvage on the volume and that
did not help.

--
John W. Sopko Jr.               University of North Carolina
email: sopko AT cs.unc.edu      Computer Science Dept., CB 3175