Hello,

I've had issues with users being unable to connect to a particular Windows file server that does not have NetBIOS enabled when OpenAFS is installed on the client computer. The first time this happened a few months ago (with version 1.5.6x) we discovered that the affected Windows servers did not have NetBIOS enabled. On the print server with the problem, once we enabled NetBIOS everything worked properly. However, this other server will not enable NetBIOS for some security reasons. The last user did not need access to AFS shares so we just removed it from his computer for the "fix" - but now we have a user with 1.5.72 with the same problem with this same server but he needs access to our AFS shares also.

Has anyone else ran into something similar? Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help!
--
Jake Tenney
Technology Support Analyst