On 29/09/2010 01:22, Jeff Blaine wrote:
On 9/28/2010 6:05 PM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
On 9/28/2010 5:53 PM, Patricia O'Reilly wrote:
I'm curious, what types of problems have you encountered with
ZFS? We are actually considering using ZFS on some of our fileservers.

Many organizations are looking to move off of Oracle Solaris due to the
recently ownership, development and licensing changes.  Jeff Blaine can
correct me but I suspect the reasons for the switch are not technical.

Precisely.

I'm curious - did you pay for the support before or did you use a free version with no support?

IIRC if you want to run Solaris 10 on non-Oracle x86 hardware (Dell, HP, ...) the support cost, which covers license as well, is 1000$ per CPU socket per year list price.

Free option - www.nexenta.org

--
Robert Milkowski
http://milek.blogspot.com