In re plone vs this-that-the-other, Xwiki vs. Ywiki, etc -

I am a strong proponent of the volunteers having final say on the toolset.
Others can and should express their opinions, but after a reasonable period of
time (days or weeks, not months) the volunteers should get final decision
unless the Elders stand up and override.

That said, my opinions --

I have no qualifications to even have an opinion on plone vs any other content
management system.

The proposed site, even at first construction, looks more attractive than the
current site.

Big strong opinion: Git. I like git. If content can be managed/controlled
easily with git, it's a win.

Not quite as strong an opinion: Gerrit. I like gerrit. If the site maintainer
likes it well enough to manage submissions thru it, fine. If not, that's fine
too.

Conversely, I think neither git nor gerrit should be required of folks
submitting things to the site. IMHO the site manager should be willing to
accept patches, files, etc, IF the submission is useful enough to be worth the
effort. The site manager should have the near-final decision on this, subject
only to the elders.

An aside re git/gerrit and large site contributions: if we did go with git and
maybe gerrit, the Elders ought to suggest firmly that contributors learn to use
the tools. The source code writeup for this in the afs wiki is pretty good;
only minor mods would be needed to do the same for the web site.

Moderate opinion: I found the sample newsletter posted on the site to be
difficult. A table of contents is preferable to a long string of links that you
have to follow to. Lacking same, one can only wonder if there's an entry on
one's own personal interest in there somewhere.

Performance: do we ever get a lot of traffic? Performance looks perfectly fine
to me.

Steve