Quoting Coy Hile <coy.h...@coyhile.com>:

I have a question about deployment of OpenAFS on VMWare.  Assume for
the sake of argument that one has a requirement to deploy OpenAFS on
VMs -- to include deploying his fileservers as VMs.  Has anyone
actually done that sort of deployment?

Well, I have something similar that costs less. I run a site with three OpenAFS db/file servers, each running on a KVM virtual machine. The disk space used for each one consists of a set of dedicated LVM logical volumes. It all works fine and is completely stable, although it's probably not a recipe for high performance. Luckily, in my case that's not necessary.

Cheers,

Jaap