On 09/14/2011 02:41 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
On 9/13/2011 11:48 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:07:04 -0400
Jeff Blaine<jbla...@kickflop.net>  wrote:

-bash-3.2# time /afs/rcf/user/jblaine/afs-exercise.sh
find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for .: this may be a bug in your
filesystem driver.  Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option.
Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have
been searched.

Is the problem just this message? This is known:

        -noleaf
Do not optimize by assuming that directories contain 2 fewer subdirectories than their hard link count. This option is needed when searching filesystems that do not follow the Unix directory-link convention, such as CD-ROM or MS-DOS filesystems
               or  AFS  volume  mount  points.

Interesting.  We've never seen this warning before.  I've
added -noleaf to address that.

I'm not sure yet if there is another problem.  Now that I've
gotten past this, it's on to determining that.  The user of
the box indicated he had turned it off months ago because
AFS was too slow on it (sigh).  So now we're investigating
and starting fresh.

FYI, I see this message all the time on RHEL5. Using the "-noleaf" option makes the message go away for me. I often forget to add the "-noleaf" option to "find".

Jason