Surely I do not understand the meaning of default realm in the kerberos
configuration file
(I am a beginners!):

[libdefaults]
 default_realm = REALM.XX

but I was induced to believe that this is the realm assumed if you miss to
declare the

-k REALM.XX

in the klog.krb5 or a at least that is what you may desume in the relative man
page.

Following the dispute it is even incomprehensible (to me!) why having declared
the default
realm in the kerberos configuration file, the klog.krb5 command does not work
in the forms

klog.krb5 -pr xxxxx -c cell.xx -k CELL.XX

or

klog.krb5 -pr xx...@cell.xx -c cell.xx -k CELL.XX

but works in the form

klog.krb5 -pr xx...@cell.xx -c cell.xx

As I said in the previous post this is true on mac os 10.6.8 an I have
tested until the 10.5 version with the suitable version of OpenAFS.

By the way, I am  one of the responsible of an HPC infrastructure based
on CentOS 5.3 on which we performed the migration to kerberos 5 (which is
giving this problems to our mac os x clients) and on the relative clients based
on Linux distro we do not detect none of these bugs.

Regards

Salvatore Podda

ENEA UTICT-HPC
Department for Computer Science Development and ICT
Facilities Laboratory for Science and High Performance Computing

C.R. Frascati
Via E. Fermi, 45
PoBox 65
00044 Frascati (Rome)