On 2012-02-20 15:53, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
The log indicates a bug in Samba or the printer.

The explorer shell extension is asking to open an existing file. It is explicitly asking that the file not be created if it doesn't exist and yet Samba indicates that the file does exist and has been opened.

Explorer.EXE 2544 CreateFile \\130.225.51.90\pr-c1-103-bw\_._AFS_IOCTL_._ SUCCESS Desired Access: Read Data/List Directory, Write Data/Add File, Read Attributes, Synchronize,
Disposition: Open,
Attributes: n/a,
ShareMode: Read,
AllocationSize: n/a,
OpenResult: Opened

The AFS Pioctl request is then written to the open file and when it attempts to read the result it is told that reading is an INVALID_DEVICE_REQUEST.

A printer that permits writing files to the printer for the purpose of printing, faxing, etc. must only open a non-existing file if the CreateFile disposition is Create, Create_Always or Open_Always.

I cannot tell for sure from this trace but I'm going to guess that the reason this behavior started with 1.7.2 is the addition of Icon Overlays for AFS mount points and symlinks. The explorer shell extension issues an AFS pioctl to test whether the device is in AFS or not.

Jeffrey Altman

Hi

Since its all our printers that is affected (multiple different types and manufactures) we will look into the samba server.

If we find anything usefull, we will report back.

/Peter