On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Steve Gaarder <gaard...@math.cornell.edu>wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2012, Harald Barth wrote:
>
>> 1. Create
>> afs/math.cornell.edu@MATH.**CORNELL.EDU<math.cornell....@math.cornell.edu>
>>> 2. Store the key in a keytab file
>>> 3. Use asetkey to add the key to the keyfile on each of the AFS
>>> servers
>>>

>> Methinks between 1. and 3. tokens with the new key may fail.
>>

> Yes, I think you're right.  THe time period is short enough, though, that
> I think I can live with that.

If you script it (kadmin *is* scriptable in recent MIT, with some pain),
the time between creating and adding to the first KeyFile can be
milliseconds; script pushing that to the other servers and it's still
likely to be a few seconds at most.  If using Heimdal, you can use 'ktutil
get' and do the first one in effectively a single operation (ktutil get -k
AFS3KEYFILE:... afs/cell@REALM).  Then Kerberos-authenticated parallel ssh
to push to the other servers for minimum latency.  :)

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net