Hi!

Does anyone use windows 8 clients and windows roaming profiles in
OpenAFS filespace?

1. I cannot get Windows 8 to get access to the roaming profile, although
path is set to system:anyone write
OpenAFS 1.7.2119 (today).
roaming profile path set via system group policy to:
\\AFS\.cgv.tugraz.at\home\win8\schimmer.V2

System log shows: access denied.
Tested with some other users, some get a token on login ,some not. But
all get a temp roaming profile.

2. WHY THE HECK did MS change the romainig profile for Windows 8 and
kept the .V2 like in Windows 7?

Now I need to setup extra profiles for Windows 8 and choose on every win
8 workstation to switch for the new profile with a group policy.
(windows 8 changes the profile and windows 7 cannot load it anymore. So
if a user load/save its profile on Windows 8 it cannot be loaded in
Windows 7 any more)

Thank you.

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schim...@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723