On 20 Mar 2013, at 18:01, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> I suspect the correct solution is to add
>
>  #define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS    64
>
> to the appropriate src/config/param.*.h file for the platform in
> question in the #ifndef UKERNEL section.

The correct fix to this is to use the autoconf macro that checks for 64 bit
file size support, and use that throughout. We've talked about this on a number
of occasions, but the impact on the fileserver (in particular) has made
everyone too nervous to make the switch. We should probably do so, though, as
it will solve a whole host of 64bit issues.

Cheers,

Simon