On 5/31/2013 9:45 AM, Mark Vitale wrote:
> forgot to copy the list on my reply to Ralf…
>
>> On May 31, 2013, at 8:48 AM, "Brunckhorst, Ralf" <ralf.brunckho...@hp.com>
>> wrote:
>>> With dasalvager:
>>> # /usr/afs/bin/dasalvager -partition /vicepc -showmounts -showlog
>>>
>>> salvager:  There appears to be another salvager running!  Aborted.
>>
>> I've recently encountered this myself.  It's a bug; the root cause is
>> that in non-DAFS, the salvager only runs (and holds salvage.lock)
>> during a salvage, but in DAFS, salvageserver is always running and
>> always holds salvage.lock.

At the moment the immediate questions are:

1. Is a patch forthcoming to permit dafs salvager to perform -showmounts
   functionality?

or

2. Should -showmounts be removed from "dasalvager" until it can be
   supported and the man pages updated?

or

3. Should -showmounts in dasalvager output a usage message that this
   functionality is currently not available and the man pages updated
   to reflect that?

Jeffrey Altman