On 07/23/2013 09:09 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:40:53 -0500
Andrew Deason <adea...@sinenomine.net> wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:11:17 +0200
Hans-Werner Paulsen <h...@mpa-garching.mpg.de> wrote:

sometimes creating a file (using different programs) fails with the
error message "No buffer space available". This is on amd64_linux26
with OpenAFS 1.6.2 (both client and server). Any idea?
I don't see anywhere we'd be generating that error code (ENOBUFS), and
I can't see how it would show up that way if we got it back from a
socket or something. Do you have any idea if the machine is under a
lot of load or memory pressure, or if the directory has a lot of
entries in it?
Oh, and if you wanted a "next step" involving less guesswork, get an
fstrace dump if you can reproduce the problem. That's something like:

fstrace clear cm
fstrace setlog cmfx -buffers 1024
fstrace sets cm -active
# do something to trigger the error, then:
fstrace dump cm > /tmp/whatever
fstrace sets cm -inactive

Providing that to a developer will let us see a lower level trace of
what's going on, and should say where that error is coming from. But it
can contain some sensitive information like filenames.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem. Thank you for the usage instructions of fstrace, anyway.