On 10/15/2013 12:58 PM, Jack Hill wrote:
> Also, since it appears that we won't be able to get it fixed,

I never said it won't be fixed.  I said as with anything else fixing it
will be prioritized based upon the number of customers that are impacted
and believe it is important to them or their organization.  One way of
measuring importance is whether or not you or your organization is
willing to spend money to get it fixed.

I apply the same measurement to determining when and whether to fix a
bug in the Windows client.  How many users are impacted?  Will it result
in data loss?  How much time will it take to diagnose the cause?  Is
there someone willing to pay for that time?  How disruptive will the
eventual fix be?

If this community wants Microsoft to prioritize the interaction with the
OpenAFS client on Windows, then it is going to have communicate that to
Microsoft's development organizations.  The most common way for that to
occur is by filing bug reports when preview releases are shipped or by
paying for bug reports after the final release is out.

Jeffrey Altman