> On 5 Aug 2014, at 17:21, Alex <euergetiko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> yes, what I meant is that I need the client to be aware that some other
> client is editing, (and refresh the cache), which is the function of
> callback if I am not mistaken. As I understand, this is not possible
> behind a NAT firewall which has inbound ports (like 7001) closed.

It is possible. If you can receive data from the fileserver, the fileserver can
send you callbacks as the ports are the same for both.

The question is whether the fileserver will be able to continue to send you
callbacks once the data channel has gone idle. This very much depends on the
settings in play on the router - you may be able to continue to receive
callbacks for anything from minutes to the lifetime of the callback.  This is
best verified experimentally, rather than people second guessing your router
configuration.

Cheers,

Simon