On Tue, 2014-12-30 at 17:08 +0100, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> > This data has to be migrated within the same server to AFS.
>
> Why same server? An AFS setup usually consists of several servers, especially
> if you want to serve terabytes of data. Not to mention the needed kerberos
> server.
>
> > Unfortunately, I have only this "one" partition remotely big enough to
> > hold the data and/or fast enough to handle in a reasonable amount of time.

I think this is actually the answer to the earlier question. ("and/or
fast enough": adding USB externals is cheap and easy these days, but far
from performant....)

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh                           sine nomine associates
allber...@gmail.com                              ballb...@sinenomine.net