Hi Dirk,

you have to install some software packages on windows to get windows
working as an AFS client. You should read this webpage. I think this
will answer your questions for windows and AFS.

http://openafs.org/windows.html

I know that it is possible to get AFS working with an MS AD controller,
so it should be possible to get AFS working with a Samba DC which works
like an MS AD since release samba 4.0

Andreas