From: <openafs-info-ad...@openafs.org> on behalf of "E. Margarete Ziemer"
<emzie...@sinenomine.net>
Date: Friday, April 5, 2019 at 1:49 PM
To: "openafs-annou...@openafs.org" <openafs-annou...@openafs.org>,
"openafs-info@openafs.org" <openafs-info@openafs.org>,
"openafs-de...@openafs.org" <openafs-de...@openafs.org>
Subject: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS Workshop 2019

The OpenAFS Foundation is pleased to announce that the 2019 OpenAFS Workshop
will be held at the Hyatt House Pittsburgh South Side
<http://www.hyatthousepittsburghsouthside.com>. The conference will begin on
the morning of Wednesday, June 19, and it will end at 12 noon on Friday, June
21, to allow everybody to return home before the start of the weekend.

We realize this year's conference announcement comes very late, and we
apologize with the promise of doing better next year!

LOCATION/HOTEL:
We selected Pittsburgh as a reasonably easily reachable location, and the same
hotel where the last workshop took place years ago as a proven venue.  We have
arranged a limited block of rooms for "the OpenAFS Foundation Group" at a
reduced rate of $139/night plus taxes. This rate is available until the block
fills up, or on Tuesday, May 28, 2019, whichever comes first.  Please make your
reservations by calling the hotel directly at 412-390-2477 opt 3.

CONFERENCE FORMAT:
We propose the following conference format with presentations in several
subject areas:

    - Site reports
    - Case studies and use cases for AFS
    - Projects in AFS-land
    - BOFs
    - Training and tutorials
    - Or anything else you would like to discuss or showcase.

CALL FOR PRESENTATION ABSTRACTS:
The conference content depends on you, as it is a community effort based on
your contributions.  Therefore, please consider leading one or several
session(s).  Session proposals/abstracts must be submitted by May 31, 2019, to
<openafs.works...@gmail.com<mailto:openafs.works...@gmail.com>>.  If you would
like to see a particular topic addressed, please let us know.

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
We also have the following volunteer opportunities for you:
    - Online and on-site registration (sign-in, name tags, conference
materials, etc.)
    - Organizing one or several meals
    - Organizing optional evening events or entertainment
    - Designing and procuring conference tote bags or t-shirts
    - Composing and maintaining the conference schedule/presentations
    - Finding corporate sponsors
    - Submitting nominations for keynote speaker

Please respond with your thoughts, suggestions, and volunteer items you wish to
own, as soon as possible but no later than May 31, 2019.

We look forward to collaborating with you to build an exciting and informative
2019 OpenAFS conference!

E. Margarete Ziemer
Director and Secretary
The OpenAFS Foundation, Inc.