Hi,

I'm a little uncertain how to discuss this, because it is a
cross-implementation problem, but this problem surely has hit others
here. I hope.

I have three db servers in my OpenAFS cell. They all have -- for various
reasons -- v4 and v6 addresses and corresponding DNS records. When I'm
trying to use the Auristor-supplied OSX client "aklog" implementation to
get tokens, the client tries to connect to the IPv6 addresses of the db
servers. Most likely because it is an Auristor client and it is expecting
Auristor db servers. Only after some 10 seconds does the client timeout
and retry over v4, which of course immediately succeeds.

Is there a fix for this?

Or: Am I the only one crazy enough to have AAAA records for my db servers?

regards,
--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE           SA0XLR            +46 705 989668