Hi Ben,

That's a nice idea; thanks a lot. But it seems that the disks are OK?
I've just queried the RAID controller and it seems that neither of this
machine's disks has flagged a SMART error. The controller does a "patrol read"
test of both disks once a week, on top of their normal use.

Chris Cooke

School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, Scotland.

> On 3 Apr 2020, at 03:50, Benjamin Kaduk <ka...@mit.edu> wrote:
>
> The "disk cache read error" makes me wonder how the hardware is doing; are
> you in a position to run (e.g.) SMART tests?

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.