Thank you Dirk,

sad to hear, but at least I know now not to waste more time banging my head against the wall.

SDDM is new to me, I'll look into it.

br, jukka

Dirk Heinrichs kirjoitti 2022-08-28 10:59:
jukka.tuomi...@finndesign.fi:

I wonder if anybody has OpenAFS client working with GDM in Ubuntu 22.04 (or 20.04)? That is, allowing users to log into their homedirs graphically.

You can't. Most of the Gnome stuff nowadays heavily depends on
systemctl --user which doesn't work when $HOME is in /afs (because
systemd starts the systemctl --user separate from the user session and
thus it doesn't get a token at login). Unfortunately, systemd folks
are not willing to fix this nonsense.

SDDM works fine, though.

HTH...

    Dirk