Am 22.02.24 um 18:30 schrieb Benjamin Kaduk:
The OpenAFS Release Team is pleased to announce that the prerelease
1.8.11pre1 is now available.

Source files and available binaries can be accessed via the web at:

   http://dl.openafs.org/dl/candidate/1.8.11pre1/

or via AFS at:

   UNIX: /afs/grand.central.org/software/openafs/candidate/1.8.11pre1/
   UNC: \\afs\grand.central.org\software\openafs\candidate\1.8.11pre1\

Hi,

I've used the sources and a spec from 1.8.10 (only the version numbers modified) to build rpms for fedora 38.

I got some minor warnings from rpmbuild regarding absolute symbolic links and double listed files.

The kernel module (for 6.7.6-100.fc38.x86_64) was build with dkms. Installation of the rpms worked as expected. I've got openafs running for our cell. I've seen no problems until now.

Next step will be an upgrade of the system to fedora 39.

Regards
Berthold Cogel