On 6/7/2010 6:47 AM, Vadym Chepkov wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2010, at 12:34 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>>
>> There is also a major catch-22 in changing them.
>>
>> In certain environment it is necessary to start corosync right after the
>> network because everything else in the boot process could require for
>> example a cluster filesystem available (and corosync running as backend).
>
> I realize that, that's why I brought it up.
> But it would be certainly strange to see somebody starting resources relying
> on cluster's filesystem
> outside of cluster configuration.

Not really no. It´s actually common to mount gfs2 via fstab and start
web servers outside a resource-manager controlled environment.

> And there is no sensible cluster configuration out there
> that will start file system right away,
> some synchronization/DC detection has to occur and
> by that time rc script has already finished.

hmm sorry, I really don´t understand this statement. Cman for example
starts right after corosync (or starts corosync to be more precise) and
at the end of the cman init process, cluster is fully available by the
end of the init script.

Fabio