On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Steven Dake <sd...@redhat.com> wrote:

> This version has the following changes:
> * Fixes defects in logsys which are crashing pacemaker installations.

Hm, don't know whether I did something wrong, but I just compiled
corosync 1.2.4, and then pacemaker 1.0.8, and the pair immediately
crashes on startop because pacemaker invokes corosync's getpwnam() in
exec/tsafe.c and the assert(0) gets triggered.

It seems that tsafe.c wants to enforce, at runtime, that no library
loaded into corosync calls a non-thread-safe function in the presence
of threads; now the first thing I thought on seeing and (hopefully)
understanding tsafe.c was to tell everybody writing extension for
corosync to keep their code thread-safe, and throw it away.

If, for whatever reasons, it is deemed necessary to keep this run-time
work-around, one might go the whole way and implement thread-safe
versions of the "offending" functions (on operating systems where it's
necessary, for example on Darwin getpwnam() is already
thread-safe)...?

Regards, Colin