On 11/18/2010 01:45 PM, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 03:35:06PM -0600, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 09:40:52AM -0700, Steven Dake wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Attached are the roadmap slides for linux plumbers.  If you have a
>>> feature you want represented, please feel free to submit it to the
>>> ml.
>>>
>>> The last slide, a view of our roadmap topics, are covered in more
>>> detail in our TODO file in the source repository.
>>>
>>> Of particular interest to some people is the elimination of external
>>> service engine support from our 3.0 version (codename Camelback).
>>> This will eliminate our ability to use sa forum APIs.  If you
>>> currently use these APIs, we can help you migrate to the Corosync
>>> APIs, which we feel are the minimum standard set of APIs necessary
>>> to develop HA aware applications.
>>>
>>> If anyone is interested in continuing development of the sa forum
>>> APIs, please contact the list and I can provide some pointers about
>>> migrating the services to use Corosync external APIs rather then
>>> operate as plugins.
>>
>> Please provide pointers.
>
> Asking again for pointers, as said would be made available in the
> original email.
>
> Ryan

As an example, take the checkpoint service.  The checkpoint service
today sends messages and receives responses via the coroapi.  This could
be changed to depend on the cpg service instead to provide the same
messaging semantics.  Checkpoints have some timer dependencies, in which
case a package such as libqb could be used (to provide poll based
timers) or the current timer/poll implementation could be copied from
corosync.  The ckpt.c code that is currently a service engine could then
be reworked to act as its own daemon.

All services could be handled in this way.

To handle synchronization, the cpg sync api could be used as was
proposed at the recent linux plumbers conf.

Regards
-steve