Hello Dan,

Thank you so much for your response. Everything is working fine now.
We never tried any OCFs yet, big diff compared to what heartbeat was
using in heatbeat.conf. What we decided to do is install everything
from scratch, and include DRBD partitions on all the working nodes. In
terms of why we prefer to build everything from scratch, it's a
preference thing really. We can control, prefix, disable
functionality, and it gives us more of an insight regarding the tools.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you so much for your response. All I had to do was run corosync,
make sure the config files are where they need to be, and it started
working! Thank you so much.

I don't want to begin with asking silly questions like, is a DRBD
partition required on the corosync/pacemaker machine, or just on the
mysql, apache or whatever node... So I will start buy hitting all the
documents (DRBD, corosync pacemaker), and replicating things on the
related server.

In terms of MySQL and failover or HA, what is the difference between
using an ndbd managed mysql enviornment, vs. an active/active
pacemaker? Are there any advantages in using one over the other? Are
they sometimes both used in a setup. Maybe using pacemaker, the MySQL
engine can be MyISAM, and not NDB... We are really interetsted in the
load balancing, and working our way up to that functionality.

Cheers,

Nicholas.