> I've successfully used the UFF force field to minimize an OBMol. I'm
> now trying to use the Gaff, Ghemical and MMFF94 force fields, but none
> will work.
> I have read a SMILES in and (unlike earlier) am beginning with zero
> positions for all atoms.

Well, you haven't said what type of molecule you're using. My guess is that it
has an element which is not available in GAFF, Ghemical, or MMFF94. The UFF is
unique in having parameters for the entire periodic table.

The other methods are designed for "standard organic" molecules.

Hope that helps,
-Geoff