Hello all,

I've had ASCII depiction on the brain for some time, and I finally
implemented it in Open Babel without any external dependencies. I've named
the format -oascii. It seems to work quite well, but naturally the more
columns you have available the better the resolution. Multimolecule output
is available if the like the weird feeling (I do) of looking through a text
file filled with ASCII depictions. Here's an example at
https://gist.github.com/2351224.

I actually prototyped this in Python, and to make this easy I implemented
another painter, that just reports the API calls as text. I've checked this
in also (as -opaint) as there's a possibility it might be of use to others
if they want to create depictions using other software:
e.g.
DrawLine 109.3 100.0 to 143.9 120.0
SetPenColor 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 (rgba)
DrawLine 146.9 120.0 to 146.9 147.0