Hello all,

The current SMILES writer does not output cis/trans bond symbols for double
bonds in rings of size 12 or less. In the course of other work, I've come
across example of cis/trans bonds in rings of size 9 for example:
https://www.ebi.ac.uk/chembldb/compound/inspect/CHEMBL520004 versus
https://www.ebi.ac.uk/chembldb/compound/inspect/CHEMBL524149.

Here's a size 10 trans example from wikipedia (I've seen these structures
in papers too): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germacranolide

Any objections to dropping 12 down to 9?

- Noel