I don't remember if the SDF output code you are using in that version of
2.2.x ever made it to a release (I don't think so). In any case, it's not
correct, and was subsequently fixed. The "3" for a double bond stereo is
used to indicate unknown stereo - this is not quite clear in the spec ("3 =
Cis or trans (either) double bond") and so originally I was using it to
indicate the opposite meaning.

Apart from the "3", OB 2.3.x isn't reading the cis/trans bond stereo from
the bond block - it's just using the coordinates. As previously discussed,
there is no convention for storing bond stereo in the bond block, but I'm
going to bring it back for 0D as there's no alternative.

- Noel