Hello all,

I just checked in code for two new SMILES canonicalisation schemes,
both based on the InChI's canonicalisation. This is something I've
been working on for a while and a paper is almost ready to submit.

-osmi -xU gives Universal SMILES, which gets the canonical labels from
the InChI and applies them to the molecule.
-osmi -xI gives Inchified SMILES, which roundtrips the molecule
through the InChI (thus normalising it) and then writes out a
canonical SMILES.

The nice thing about using the InChI is that it is straightforward for
other codes to generate the same canonical SMILES. Which means that
finally differences in the underlying chemical models will be easily
exposed (for the first time!).

- Noel