Geoff
What are the mechanics for the release? Is the 2-3-x branch the release
candidate? There are some revisions flagged as being not binary
compatible: 4662 definitely; 4699 and 4655 possibly, and there may be
others. Wasn't there an application which checked this? (I can't find
the messages on this.)

I hope we will not be in too much of a hurry with this release.

Chris