Bugs item #3545604, was opened at 2012-07-18 13:57
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by dkoes
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=428740&aid=3545604&group_id=40728

not just the latest update.
Category: Installation/Building
Group: 3.0

Initial Comment:
In revision 4759 (the svn trunk as of now) this line in
scripts/openbabel-perl.i is problematic:
216     # %include <openbabel/fingerprint.h> # Causes an error (I don't know
why)
everything after this line in the .i file does not get processed resulting in a
substantial loss of functionality.  The solution is to use a C style comment
instead of # (which isn't actually a comment deliminator in swig apparently -
it's treated by the preprocessor)

While we're in this file, I'm curious as to the rational for ignoring almost
all std::vector functionality (lines 56 through 103).  This only leaves the get
method with no way to determine the size of the vector or iterate over it as
far as I can tell.  For functions that pass a vector by reference, e.g.
ContigFragList, I could not figure out how to unwrap the vector pointer into a
native perl array and so could not make use of the function.