Hi Geoff,

I've been implementing the SMILES valence model to set the number the
implicit hydrogens at the point of reading a SMILES string.

I've run into the problem that the current kekulization code (or at
least that invoked by the SMILES reader) does not take into account
the location of implicit Hs, rather it works it out itself
independently of anything I do. (I believe that the current code gets
around this by converting any Hs inside square brackets to explicit
hydrogens - which is not the expected behaviour.)

Before I wade into this code, do you have any idea whether it's likely
to be an easy fix or a hard slog?

- Noel