Not everything was merged to the OB 2.3.2 release branch if it fiddled
with the API. I have a feeling that this was the case here, but I'd
have to go back and doublecheck. Without checking, I think that the
underlying cause is that the SMARTS internals are exposed in the API
(by accident or whatever) and so any work to correct things can cause
the API to change.

- Noel