Hi everybody,

We tried to make a new build of openbabel for windows 7 using MinGW,
everything compiled and linked fine,
BUT it figured out that the current version is unable to load the
plugins properly.
So for example the small command obabel -L  just shows 'format and ops'
but no forcefields, fingerprints etc.
Debugging the program we noticed that although all objects are being
read/loaded, they don't seem to be registered correctly as plugins.

The same source code runs perfectly under Linux and Mac.
And an old version of openbabel (2.2.3) works also without any problems
under the same compile and build conditions.

So if anyone knows the magic keyword that let MinGW create the correct
executables, please let us know.
We would be glad about any help !!!

Thanks a lot,
Dagmar Lenk, Frank Wennmohs