David,
I don't have enough experience with the force field code in OpenBabel to be a
reliable source of information but I didn't find any calls of the
IsHbondAcceptor() function outside of atom.cc.
I would expect any force field to type the atoms basing on specific patterns
more than atomic properties, but, if I'm wrong, testing any force field should
show if there are problems.
Thanks,

(I've filled in the subject that I missed in the first submission)

--

 Stefano Forli, PhD

 Assistant Professor of Integrative
 Structural and Computational Biology,