> Q: The weighted rotor conformer gives only one conformer (lowest energy)?
> What happens when you specify the num of conformers to say 50 ?

At the moment, the weighted search runs a stochastic search for the lowest
energy across some number of test conformers. So specifying 50 conformers means
that the search tests 50 candidates for the lowest energy one.

> S: Also a suggestion obabel --help totally ignores the fact that there is
> this wealth of functionality available.

At one point, we listed everything with --help or -? or -H. It became simply
too unwieldy, since there are a huge number of operations and formats and
charge models, etc. The most useful help options are:

obabel -L formats
obabel -L ops

Hope that helps,
-Geoff