On 16/12/2011 11:01, Marianne wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In order to have fingerprint of reactions, is it possible to make
> fingerprint (FP2) difference between 2 (or more) compounds, ? (as daylight
> finger print do in section 6.2.2 here
> http://www.daylight.com/dayhtml/doc/theory/theory.finger.html )
>
> More specifically, I can not find if in the description of FP2, same kind of
> fragment, even finding a number of time in a molecule, is store 1 time or
> each time meet as I suppose?

FP2 is designed for molecules only, not for reactions. It records, as a
set bit, whether a linear fragment (up to seven atoms long) is present,
however many times it occurs.

It is possible to define a structural key type fingerprint to include a
count for each structural feature - the MACCS fingerprint uses this.
There are some comments in the code
http://openbabel.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openbabel/openbabel/trunk/src/fingerprints/finger3.cpp?revision=4398&view=markup

but no support for difference-type reaction fingerprints.

Chris

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011