> alternative site (e.g. 4-amino-pyridine). Is this currently possible
> with OpenBabel? I couldn't quite find what I was looking for on the
> wiki...

You could probably code something like this using the OBBuilder code, but it
would take some work (i.e, it sounds like you'd need to remove or mutate some
atoms, adjust bond lengths, grow new fragments).

I assume the idea is to do this in an automated fashion, or I'd suggest doing
it manually using Avogadro. :-)

If you'd like to code it, I think we can probably point you in the right
directions.
-Geoff