On 2012-10-08 10:55, David van der Spoel wrote:
> Hi,

To answer my own question: I now installed trunk, the development
version. The gaussian files now work fine, but the fulvene.pdb file
still gives problems:

% babel --version
No output file or format spec!
Open Babel 2.3.2 -- Oct  8 2012 -- 14:31:48

% babel -ipdb fulvene.pdb -oinchi ---errorlevel 2
==============================
*** Open Babel Information  in NewPerceiveKekuleBonds
   Kekulize: Huckel rule not satisfied for molecule fulvene.pdb

*** Open Babel Information  in NewPerceiveKekuleBonds
   Kekulize: Huckel rule not satisfied for molecule fulvene.pdb
Kekulize: Cannot get an even number of electron for molecule fulvene.pdb

InChI=1S/C6H8/c1-6-4-2-3-5-6/h2-4H,5H2,1H3

It adds TWO H for InChi output, not for SDF output, but it only produces
two double bonds (out of three). I guess these are related?

Thanks for reading,
Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:  +46184714205.
sp...@xray.bmc.uu.se    http://folding.bmc.uu.se