On 17/10/2012 02:32, 蓝鱼在嘴里 wrote:
> Hi,all,
> I know openbabel can generate four kinds of fingerprints,each has an
> original
> fragement library.If I just want to code a molecule's fingerprint use 0
> or 1 bit to
> represent a fragament exist in the molecule or not,how can I do this? Is
> there
> algorithms for this job?

To specify a particular fragment of a molecule you need to use SMARTS
http://www.daylight.com/dayhtml/doc/theory/theory.smarts.html . Edit the
file patterns.txt, which is really just a list of SMARTS patterns, to
define each bit in the fingerprint (you don't have to define all the
bits). This will produce a customized FP3 fingerprint.

It is also possible to specify the number of occurrences of a chemical
feature in a molecule. The data file format is a little more
complicated, see MACCS.txt for an example.

Chris