On 2012-12-09 11:36, Chris Morley wrote:
> On 08/12/2012 21:32, David van der Spoel wrote:
>> On 2012-12-08 17:42, Noel O'Boyle wrote:
>>> C:\Users\Noel>obabel -:c1(Br)cc(Br)ccc1 -ofpt -xf fp4 -xs
>>>>
>>> Arylbromide     Aromatic
>>> 1 molecule converted
>>>
>> Great, I can reproduce that.
>> Is there a simple way of getting this functionality from the source
>> code? I don't see any member functions in OBMol that could provide this?
>
> As well as the core API, OpenBabel has some of its functionality in
> plugins. The code for the above feature is in the API code
> fingerprint.cpp, and in the plugins fingerprintformat.cpp and
> finger3.cpp. Probably the easiest way to access it is to use OB's
> conversion framework (Imitate the command line.). Something like: (untested)
>
> ifstream ifs(13-dibromobenzene.sdf);
> if(!ifs)
>     return false;
> OBConversion conv(&ifs, &cout);
> if(!conv.SetInAndOutFormats("sdf", "fpt"))
>     return false;
> conv.AddOption("f", OBConversion::OUTOPTIONS, "FP4");
> conv.AddOption("s");
> conv.Convert();
>
> If you already have the OBMol, conv.Write() will do the output half.
>
> See http://openbabel.org/dev-api

Thanks, I now use this which works:

           if (conv.SetOutFormat("fpt"))
             {
               conv.AddOption("f", OpenBabel::OBConversion::OUTOPTIONS,
"FP4");
               conv.AddOption("s");
               conv.Convert();
               cout << conv.WriteString(mol,false);
             }

however, it gives me output that is not very nice for e.g.
N,N-dimethylaniline

Amine   Tertiary_mixed_amine    Aromatic           C_ONS_bond   Rotatable_bond

It would be nicer to get this in a more ordered manner, like a vector of
strings. Also, the first three terms make sense to me but the last two
seem not very useful. Any more tips?

> Chris

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:  +46184714205.
sp...@xray.bmc.uu.se    http://folding.bmc.uu.se