It is better to ask questions on the openbabel mailing list - there are
more people there to answer them.

On 27/03/2013 03:21, EDGAR R wrote:
> I am a chemistry student. I read about your work OpenBabel and I have
> some questions:
>
> 1. What do the numbers OpenBabel Fingerprint Program?
http://openbabel.org/docs/dev/FileFormats/Fingerprint_format.html
and many times on the mailing lists, e.g. in a thread starting on
15/09/2011.

> 2. What dictionaries are used in the program to calculate the
> fingerprint OpenBabel?
The FP4 fingerprint uses data/SMARTS_InteLigand.txt. The default FP2
fingerprint does not have a fixed set of structures but is of the
Daylight type which is described on their website.