Hi,

I have the following Python code to rename the first residue in a PDB
file.  The renaming works except that OpenBabel appends a '1',
obviously the residue number, to the new name in the mol2 output.  How
can I force OpenBabel to stop altering my residue name?

import pybel

mol = pybel.readfile('pdb', 'test.pdb').next()

obmol = mol.OBMol
res1 = obmol.GetResidue(0)
res1.SetName('FOOBAR')  # appends '1' to 'FOOBAR'

mol.write('mol2', 'test.mol2', overwrite = True)

Cheers,
Hannes.
--
Scanned by iCritical.